PERMANENT POSITION: 947/22
Our Client, a national registered charity providing support services across England and Scotland is currently seeking a Service Leader to cover their services across Hampshire.
You will be responsible and accountable for leading and managing allocated services within a regional cluster ensuring the delivery of outcomes focused personalised services to the people our clients support.
As a commercially focused and astute individual, you will have a minimum of 2 years’ senior experience supporting adults with learning disabilities, preferably within a community setting.
The successful candidate will also have:
* Proven track record working managing health and social care services
* Previous experience working across multiple sites
* Has knowledge of Supported Housing, Personalisation and inclusion Standards
* Previous experience and managing a team of employees and managing performance of individuals Experience in clinical environment where CQC/Care Inspectorate regulations have been in force
* A proven track record of working with vulnerable people
* A proven track record in improving person centred outcomes
* Previous line management experience
* Previous experience of working to budgetary targets is desirable
This would suit someone who:
* Has excellent leadership skills with ability to motivate and improve performance
* Is able to develop credibility with internal and external stakeholder and build sound working relationships
* Has ability to assess care packages and identify needs and outcomes required to meet person centred needs
* Has ability to undertake service audit
* Has excellent written, oral, and communication skills
* Has ability to assess and analyse data and financial information
* Has good IT skills
* Has ability to empower individuals and manage culture change
* Is able to travel as required
* Has a full Driving Licence
It is essential for the candidate to hold a professional qualification in Health and Social Care e.g. Qualified Nurse or Social Worker, NVQ 4, Diploma Level 5 or working towards.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing and expanding company currently undergoing exciting changes.
Immediate interviews and an excellent salary offered for the right candidate.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Real Recruitment Solutions is committed to a policy of equal opportunities across all areas of our business and at all stages in the selection process. Acting in accordance with the Equality Act 2010, we treat everyone equally irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, age, disability, race, ethnic or national origin, religion, political beliefs or membership or non-membership of a Trade Union.
From advertising vacancies, conducting candidate searches, selecting CVs, discussing vacancies and submitting details to clients through to interview preparation and at offer stage, Real Recruitment Solutions ensure that each candidate is assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the relevant duties required by the particular vacancy.
Real Recruitment Solutions place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with this policy and consistently review regulations to ensure our policy is updated and relevant across all aspects of recruitment in order to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination.