Permanent Position – Ref: 318/9
Service Desk Manager
Up to £40k p/a (DOE)
We are seeking an experienced Service Desk Manager to join our well established client based in Bournemouth.
Key aspects of this role are:
* Coordinate the service incidents and issues, escalating to 3rd party suppliers when required;
* Identify and manage the Service Desk processes ensuring they are documented, maintained and adhered to;
* Maintain the problem log and help to expedite the resolution;
* Ensure major incident response procedures have been identified, documented and maintained and that Service Desk staff are fully trained on these procedures;
* Identify and monitor risks, governance and compliance requirements;
* Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and regulation with special empahasis on IT Service Management (ISO 20000) and information security (ISO 27001);
* Identify objectives and undertake Service Desk team appraisals, agreeing performance measures and monitoring agreed KPI’s to ensure targets are being delivered;
* Maintain the Service Desk staffing levels and task allocation, ensuring all are appropriately skilled and trained to deliver excellent technical support and client service;
Required skills and experience:
* Minimum 3 years experience in an Service Desk Management or IT Management role;
* Previous technical experience working in a client facing support role;
* Degree or equivalent;
* ISO 20000 / ITIL;
* Excellent people management skills;
* Full UK drivers licence and own car is essential.
* 33 days holiday;
* A contributory pension scheme;
* Excellent career and progression opportunities;
* Extra employee benefits such as child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme and free eye tests;
* Discounts on phone insurance, cinema tickets, restaurants and travel.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone already working in a similar position to progress their skills and experience within an fun, fast and progressive environment. The successful applicant will be professionally minded with a keen interest in developing people, processes and systems as well as having excellent analytical skills to be able to effectively report on the services and service levels, ensuring that all SLA’s are agreed and adhered to. They will have a passion for driving the business forward by identifying and managing service improvement opportunities, embedding continuous service improvement, contributing towards the change management process and building excellent service relationships with clients. With having exemplary leadership, management and motivation skills, they will keen to promote professional development opportunities within the Service Desk team.
If you have the skills and experience we are looking for, apply now to be considered.