Senior Site Manager required with Timber Frame experience.
Our client a nationally acclaimed house builder is looking to recruit a Senior Site Manager to their business.
Your remit as Senior Site Manager is to manage a building site to ensure that a development is built to Company and NHBC standards using specified drawings and instructions, within budget and on programme.
Your responsibilities as Senior Site Manager will include but not exclusively:
• Supervise all direct labour as may be necessary and co-ordinate the activities of all the trades and disciplines involved on the site so that all operations are performed efficiently and in accordance with the construction programme and the quality and cost standards required by the Company.
• Ensure that all work is kept on programme and that all details as specified in the drawings and instructions are adhered to. Precision and accuracy is vital in this connection.
• Achieve targets related to cost control in connection with the use of plant, labour and materials and provide feedback as necessary to the Surveyor.
• In conjunction with the Contracts Manager, co-ordinate and control the sub-contractors on the site, provide appropriate information concerning additional requirements and handle any problems which may arise.
• Co-ordinate orders and delivery dates with suppliers for materials required to be delivered to the site.
• The Senior Site Manager is responsible for managing directly employed staff which will include induction, appraisal, staff briefings, training and discipline. Also responsible for notifying the Regional Personnel Department of all personnel and payroll information for construction staff including changes in personal details, starter and leaver information and overtime hours.
• Maintain the site dairy and ensure that details of all visitors, meetings, disputes and any unusual events etc., are recorded.
• Maintain contact with NHBC building inspectors to ensure their presence on site as may be required to ensure that all inspections and comments are recorded in site records.
• Ensure Health and Safety requirements are adhered to at all times in accordance with laid down company procedures as well as the provisions of Health and Safety legislation. This will include the maintenance of the Health and Safety Folder and ensuring work is carried out in accordance with prepared Risk Assessments and method statements. Also ensure appropriate completion of accident records and adequate provision of First Aid Cover.
• Co-operate with the Inspectors of the HSE and the Company’s appointed Safety Advisers who may be required to conduct safety inspections on site.
The desired candidate will have experience of Timber Frame construction and a minimum qualification of an HNC/HND with a trade background.
A qualified First Aider at Work
Good IT skills
If you are interested in this position, please apply