QUANTITY SURVEYOR – BOURNEMOUTH
Excellent salary + car allowance + bonus + benefits
Our client is fast becoming one of the South’s most respected construction firms, preparing, planning and delivering both residential and commercial properties across the building spectrum.
Based in Bournemouth and covering Dorset, Hampshire and Wiltshire, our client offers premium levels of reliability, service, and quality, providing the latest technology and building materials.
Due to expansion, they are now looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their team. The successful applicant will have previous experience of working as a Quantity Surveyor, with the ability to estimate when tendering pressure demands it.
You will be required to work on a number of housing and commercial projects.
• Monitoring and managing the scope, notices, and the terms and conditions of contract
• Dealing with contract procedures, payments variations and interim valuations
• Taking ownership of dispute management procedures
• Monitoring, managing and reporting against the base contract cost plan by means of cost/value reconciliations
• Dealing with the procurement procedures for the package scope, quantification, tender method, negotiation, and subcontract documentation
• Managing the Design Change Management
• Dealing with contract instructions, contract charges and formal notices
• Managing and reporting the end life forecasting implemented through internal procedures, the monthly cost/value reconciliations, the variations procedures and the risk and opportunity management procedures
• Experience of running projects as the commercial lead or second position on projects
• Previous experience at Quality Surveyor level running significant multiple subcontract packages £1M+
• A good working knowledge of contract/commercial law
• Experience with Design and Build forms of contract
• HNC or degree qualified
• MCIOB or RICS qualification advantageous but not essential
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast growing, locally based construction firm. Parking on site at their Bournemouth offices.
Competitive salary, good package and an enjoyable and friendly working environment.