PERMANENT POSITION – 276/12
Land Legal Secretary
£16k – £20k (DOE)
Our well established client has an excellent opportunity a Legal Secretary to join their Land department based in Dorchester.
The role would suit someone who is already working as a Land Legal Secretary, a Legal Secretary currently working in another area of law and is looking to expand their skills into commercial law, a Secretary or a strong Administrator with good typing skills looking to train in to the legal sector or a trainee Secretary looking for their next step.
Your main responsibilities would be:
* Dealing with telephone calls when the Fee Earners or other secretaries are not available;
* To provide daily correspondence and documentation for Fee Earners;
* Providing secretarial support to Fee Earners within the Commercial Department;
* Maintaining a diary for both yourself and Fee Earner, ensuring that all appointments correspond;
* Maintain an effective filing system to provide maximum support to the Fee Earner;
* Ensuring client and matter details are updated as and when necessary.
The ideal applicant will have:
* Excellent audio typing skills (min 60 wpm for a Secretary or 35WPM for a Trainee Legal Secretary);
* Extensive experience of Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word and Excel;
* Previous experience using SOS Connect is desirable;
* Excellent written and spoken English;
* Professional telephone manner;
* Ability to multi task.
Company benefits are:
* Standard hours of Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm;
* 33 days paid holiday per year plus ½ day paid holiday for birthdays;
* Contributory pension scheme of 3% of annual pay;
* Discretionary annual bonuses;
* Learning and development opportunities;
* Additional benefits such as childcare vouchers and bike to work schemes.
To be considered for this role, please apply.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.