Permanent Position – Ref: 1212 / 4
Inventory / Stores Controller
£18k to £22k per annum (DOE)
Our expanding manufacturing client has got an exciting opportunity for an experienced Inventory / Stores Controller to join their busy team based in Bournemouth.
The successful Inventory / Stores Controller will work within the Supply Chain Department and report directly to the Materials Manager. they will be responsible for controlling the company’s perpetual inventory strategy and associated activities and assist in the business’s physical stock integrity with the electronic stock record.
* Continue to develop the company’s inventory management and perpetual inventory stocktaking strategy with the aim of increasing and maintaining the stock integrity.
* Controlling the perpetual inventory strategy by carrying out the following:
– Co-designing a yearly stocktaking program to ensure all company areas are subjected to either a perpetual inventory count or programmed stock checks
– The issuing of stock sheets to ‘stock owners’ within the business in a timely manner in accordance with the stocktaking program
– The management of the subsequent retrieval of stock sheets from ‘stock owners’
– Carry out investigations into stock discrepancies found by ‘stock owners’
– Record and maintain accurate computerized records of stock taking results
– Attend monthly stocktaking meetings with line management and report monthly stocktaking results
– Liaise with all ‘stock owners’ throughout the business to ensure perpetual inventory continuity
– The issuing of management ‘snap check’ stocktaking sheets to the Materials Manager, controlling their subsequent retrieval, investigating any discrepancies and reporting the findings
– Provide all the requisite discrepancy investigation paperwork to the Materials Manager to allow stock records to be adjusted (where applicable)
– Carry out other tasks as detailed by line management
* Experience working in a warehouse and/or logistics and/or inventory controller environment
* Ideally possessing a professional related qualification (not essential)
* Possessing an inquisitive and investigative nature
* Possessing excellent verbal and written communication skills to operate in a demanding customer focused environment
* Possessing excellent personal organisational and administration skills
* Proactive to the needs of the role and the business
* Possessing the ability to work under their own initiative and on occasions work alone
* Possessing the relevant IT skills namely; MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel including, ideally experience in a logistics related ERP package
* Possessing the willingness to adapt to change, promote the business from a logistics perspective and possess the confidence to put new ideas forward
* 31 days holiday (inclusive of bank holiday’s
* Early finish on a Friday
* Excellent person development and career opportunities
* Private health scheme
* Company contribution pension scheme which increases up to 6.5% with length of service
* Parking on site
* Canteen facilities
Apply to be consider for this excellent opportunity.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.