PERMANENT POSITION 1405/1
Estimator – Hampshire
Our client based in Hampshire is looking to recruit an experienced Estimator to their team.
We are currently recruiting for an Estimator to join our client based in Hampshire, to take the lead in preparing the measuring and pricing element of tenders.
This is an excellent opportunity to be working permanently with a very successful and recognisable main contractor who have an excellent reputation.
- Initial Appraisal of a tender opportunity, provide an overview of the project documents to the board for approval to submit a tender.
- Coordinate the measure of the project with the estimating team in order to meet the tender deadline.
- Identify risks and record on a tender risk register.
- Support the Bid Team to achieve the deadlines set
- Conduct site visits
- Ensure risks and opportunities are identified
- Organise and delegate tender elements so that the tender can be collated by the Bid Coordinator
- Compile Sub contract enquiries for issue electronically. Source subcontractors and suppliers capable of carrying the works specific to the project, size, complexity, Location.
- Attend tender design review meetings in order to ensure the bid team achieve the most economically advantageous bid.
- Price draft preliminaries where required in line with the tender programme and the assigned project manager for the tender.
- Price the measured Bills of Quantities for the scheme
- Present the financial elements for the tender Adjudication meeting
- Value engineering – provide advice and costs associated with value engineering proposals for the scheme
- Provide input in post tender queries / negotiations
- Present the tender financially in the format provided by the client
- Initial Appraisal of documents issued for Land Bid opportunity
- Assessing build costs, technical constraints, planning advice, sales values, programme, specification
- Develop appraisal to establish scheme viability
Experience and Qualifications:
Demonstrate the use of first principles estimating
Experience of tenders
Strong commitment to achieving deadlines
Positive attitude towards teamwork
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Real Recruitment Solutions place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with this policy and consistently review regulations to ensure our policy is updated and relevant across all aspects of recruitment in order to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination.