Engineering Assistant/Draughtsperson – Poole
Salary £18,000 – £22,000
Permanent – 1264/2
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a successful and growing company based in Poole. As part of their growth strategy they are looking for a Draughtsperson to join the in – house engineering team. The responsibilities of this role will be to work with the engineering team on a variety of drawings for customers and job and enquiry stage. There will also be an involvement in product development, producing both 2D and 3D concept drawings as well as professional quality fabrication drawings. Training will be given in house, however a keen interest and some experience in CAD and/or mechanical engineering would be beneficial.
Experience of Microsoft Office package, particularly Excel
- GCSE Grade C or above in Mathematics and Science.
- Knowledge of CAD programs including AutoCAD, Pro Engineer, SolidWorks, etc.
- Keen attention to detail
- Work well within a team
- Work with the Engineering team to produce professional 2D engineering drawings, including the following:
– Fabrication Drawings
– Arrangement Drawings
– Testing Drawings
– Packing Drawings
– Machining Drawings
- Work to improve the accuracy of packing drawings (this will require occasional visits to workshop).
- Help the Engineering department with the design of new and custom products.
- Produce 3D models in SolidWorks
- Produce renders and wireframe drawings from SolidWorks
- Learn about the design and engineering of lifting equipment
- Liaise with fabricators to ensure an accurate production
- Aid with administration within the engineering department.
Hours are Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5.30pm.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Real Recruitment Solutions is committed to a policy of equal opportunities across all areas of our business and at all stages in the selection process. Acting in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and guidelines given by the REC, we treat everyone equally irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, age, disability, race, ethnic or national origin, religion, political beliefs or membership or non-membership of a Trade Union.
From advertising vacancies, conducting candidate searches, selecting CVs, discussing vacancies and submitting details to clients through to interview preparation and at offer stage, Real Recruitment Solutions ensure that each candidate is assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the relevant duties required by the particular vacancy.
Real Recruitment Solutions place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with this policy and consistently review regulations as laid out by the REC to ensure our policy is updated and relevant across all aspects of recruitment in order to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination.