PERMANENT POSITION -1495/2
Construction Materials Buyer required for a long established construction company in Dorchester salary up to £40k.
Our client a well-respected Construction Company based in Dorchester is looking to recruit an additional Buyer to their team.
As a key member of the buying team your role as Construction Materials Buyer will be to manage and co-ordinate the purchase of plant and materials.
- Negotiating for the best possible terms for the provision of materials and plant.
- Sourcing of new products and new and improved suppliers.
- The constant maintenance and update of a register of material suppliers
- Obtaining quotations and placing of orders to achieve the best possible value for the site within the parameters of budget specifications and programme.
- To agree levels of specification rebate where specified and ensure that the appropriate system for claiming is in place.
- To liaise with the Accounts Department to ensure correct invoicing and costings.
- To advise other departments of current prices and terms.
- To set and monitor standards of performance and to address any issues of sub-standard supplier performances ensuring that the appropriate lessons are learnt and actions are taken to prevent a re-occurrence
- Materials delivered on time and in accordance with specification.
- To liaise closely with other departments on all information pertaining to buying.
It is important that the right candidate has experience of product lines and they will consider somebody who has worked in a Builders Merchants or similar environment.
Based in Dorchester this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Buyer to join a professional and well respected Construction company.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.