PERMANENT POSITION – 440/14
£21,000 – £23,000pa PLUS GRATUITIES
Our client owns a delightful hotel in Hampshire area which they are constantly investing in and upgrading. The hotel has a thriving functions and events business as well as an onsite restaurant. They are looking to recruit an Assistant Manager for their small family owned hotel.
* To take control and accountability for the Food and Beverage operation of the hotel, ensuring that departments are meeting legal, financial and operational quality standards
* To adopt a Hands-on approach, lead by example & deliver excellent service, through the management of on-site food operations.
* Monitor and maintain required KPI’s, including food & beverage gross profit margins and staff cost to turnover percentages.
* To deputise for the General Manager
* To be a key driver in moving the Hotel’s business forward
Key Responsibilities and their Performance Indicators
These indicators are measurable to ensure that the role is being performed to the required standard.
*To compile, maintain & update a Standard Operating Procedure manual and ensure that these operational standards are introduced and maintained throughout the Food and Beverage department.
* To assist and implement training in the F&B department, including departmental induction of new arrivals, appraising talented personnel and empower the team to effectively fulfil their roles
* To promote sales awareness and maximise sales opportunities throughout the team
* Awareness of how the department impacts on the business P&L
* To anticipate guests’ needs and to encourage the team to do likewise, therefore enhancing guest satisfaction.
* Compilation and administration of staffing rota’s and labour scheduling
* Responsibility of stock orders & rotation. Effectively managing the Bars, cellar & stock rooms.
* To know and to comply with security, health and safety policy standards
* To empower the team to be able to handle all guest feedback for positive and negative and record correctly.
* To actively deal with prevention, recovery and investigation and follow-up of any complaints.
* To implement local and team product/service knowledge to maximise sales
* To cover Duty Manager shifts as required
* To assist with managing compliance with all legislation relevant with the F&B department.
* To ensure the team are correctly uniformed, in line with Hotel standards and understand the importance of personal hygiene.
* Manage departmental recruitment and retention with GM
* To performance manage within your team
* To be aware of costs and manage their control by way of rotas, stock management, budget and waste awareness. Liaising with Heads of Department as required.
* To assist in managing compliance with all legislation relevant to your department including the statutory training calendar and team attendance at any training courses
* To maintain the department and hotel security.
* To plan and agree your own personal development with GM
* To behave with integrity and to treat people with respect and fairness
Immediate interviews offered for the position of Food & Beverage Manager in Hampshire.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.